Posted by Paul Woolley on 1/12/2024 to Apple Varieties
1. Apples contain powerful antioxidants
- Apples are plentiful in one of the most powerful antioxidants, quercetin, which helps combat free radical damage, boost your immune system and prevent different kinds of diseases.
2. Apples keep your eyes healthy
- Due to their high antioxidant content, apples help keep your eyes healthy, if you eat at least one apple each day.
- Apples boast fantastic eye health benefits and may help prevent cataracts.
- Numerous studies show that people who consume antioxidant-rich fruits, like apples, are less likely to develop cataracts.
3. Apples are rich in fiber
- Apples are an excellent source of fiber that helps regulate digestive system, and overall keeps your intestinal system healthy.
- Fiber can also help control your hunger and keep you full for longer, making it a great and healthy snack between meals.
- Fiber found in apples can help reduce cholesterol levels.
4. Apples help detoxify your liver
- When your liver is healthy, itâ€™s able to keep harmful toxins out of the body.
5. Apples keep your heart healthy
- One of the best benefits of eating apples each day is that they help keep your heart healthy.
- As mentioned before, the fiber found in apples helps reduce cholesterol levels, which reduces your risk of heart disease.
- Apples can aid in preventing the buildup of plaque in your arteries, which lowers your risk of having a heart attack.
6. Apples boost your endurance
- Eating an apple before exercising can boost your endurance.
- Apples help to make oxygen more accessible to the lungs, making your workout session easier and longer.
7. Apples can help you lose weight
- Apples are low in calories and can help suppress your appetite.
- Munch on an apple and reap all of its health benefits when you want to reach for a snack.
Comment below or email [email protected]
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter