Posted by on 5/11/2020 to Recipes
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup liquid-state coconut oil (canola or vegetable may be substituted)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cup sour cream (Greek yogurt may be substituted)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large peeled and trimmed carrot)
3/4 cup grated apples from Honeycrisp.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray one 9x5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan.
2. In a large bowl, add the the first eight ingredients, through nutmeg, and whisk to combine.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined; don't overmix.
4. Add the carrots, apples, and fold gently to combine.
5. Turn batter (it's very thick, this is what you want) out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
6. Bake for 45-52 minutes or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
Tip - Tent the pan with a sheet of foil draped loosely over it at the 35 minute-mark if you feel the tops and sides will become too browned before center cooks through.
7. Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Carrot Apple Bread to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Thanks to averiecooks.com for the recipe
Comment below or email [email protected]
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter