Posted by Brittany Woolley on 4/7/2015 to Recipes
Apple Coffee Cake Muffins
½ cup pecans, finely chopped
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine chopped pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix well and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Cut 8 tablespoons of butter into ½ inch pieces and sprinkle evenly over flour mixture.
5. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour mixture until butter is oat-sized.
6. Remove 1 cup of the flour-butter mixture and stir into reserved brown sugar mixture until combined to make streusel- set aside.
7. Add baking powder and baking soda to remaining flour mixture and stir to combine.
8. In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together sour cream, egg, and vanilla.
9. Add liquids to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
10. Add 3/4 cup of streusel mixture to flour mixture and stir until streusel is just distributed throughout batter.
11. Melt the remaining butter and stir into remaining streusel mixture, until streusel resembles a crumble.
12. Gently fold apples into batter.
13. Divide batter among 12 muffin cups and sprinkle generously with streusel topping, crumbling with your hands to make some big chunks.
14. Bake 22-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of muffin comes out clean.
15. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
16. To make the glaze, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla extract together.
17. Drizzle over muffins & enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Coffee Cake Muffins to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter