Posted by Brittany Woolley on 4/29/2015 to Recipes
Fresh Broccoli & Apple Salad with Walnuts
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 Honeycrisp.com apple, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 medium onion (1/4 cup), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted on a skillet and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
1. Toast walnuts over medium/ high heat on a dry skillet, tossing them occasionally so they don’t burn. Toast about 4-5 minutes. Chop walnuts coarsely.
2. Combine chopped broccoli, grated carrot, chopped apple, chopped onion, chopped walnut and cranberries.
3. To make the dressing, combine: 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of sugar, 1/4 tsp of sea salt and pinch of pepper. Mix well.
4. Mix as much of the dressing as you want into the salad. Chill then serve. Enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Fresh Broccoli & Apple Salad with Walnuts to
Receive a coupon for 20% off your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]
Thank you to natashaskitchen.com for the recipe!
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter