Posted by on 11/15/2019 to Recipes
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
½ cup plus 2 tbsp milk (*of choice - I used cashew)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (*or white vinegar)
½ cup cane sugar or unpacked brown sugar (*plus extra for sprinkling on the bottom of the pan)
2 tbsp maple syrup (*or honey)
1 cup applesauce (*I prefer unsweetened)
1 grated peeled apple (*or cut into tiny pieces)
3 tbsp melted coconut oil (*or any light tasting oil such as canola or olive oil)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1½ tsp cinnamon (*plus extra for sprinkling on the bottom of the pan)
4 tbsp flour
1 tbsp oats
2 tbsp cane sugar
2 tbsp solid state coconut oil (*or butter)
1 tsp cinnamon
½ - 1 tbsp applesauce (*optional, if needed see recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F
- Combine milk and vinegar together in a large bowl and let sit for a couple minutes while you prepare the dry ingredients.
- Melt the coconut oil if it is not already in a liquid state.
- Add the sugar, maple syrup, applesauce, apple, vanilla, cinnamon, & coconut oil to the milk and vinegar mixture.
- Whisk together until everything is well mixed.
- Mix the baking powder, soda, salt and flour. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Carefully fold the wet over the dry ingredients until they are just mixed together. Make sure not to over-mix to ensure a soft muffin.
- Mash the crumble ingredients together in a medium bowl using a fork until you get a crumbly, slightly wet texture.
- Grease muffin pan using a non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the bottom of the pan.
- Scoop batter into muffin tins (about 2 heaping tbsp in each).
- Sprinkle streusel on top.
- Bake for 17 - 22 minutes for muffins or about 38 - 45 minutes for a cake in a square pan. Take out of the oven once a toothpick is almost clean and the edges of the muffins are a slight golden brown. Let cool & enjoy!
Send us a picture of your
Apple Crumble Muffins
Receive a coupon for 20% off your
next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]
Call 518-695-4517 to order your apples today!
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter