- Eating fresh, cooking, juice and hard cider are commen uses of these apples
- Lady Apple, or Api, is a small apple with a strong pleasant aroma and rich aromatic flavor.
- In history Lady Apples have been associated as much with decoration and adornment for wreaths
- Known as Lady Apple in North America, the variety originated in France, where it is called Api
- A very old apple, known in Roman times as Appius or Appia
- Some suggest that Api is a seedling variety originating from the Forest of Api in Bretagne in western France before the early 17th century
- Imported from the United States back to England in Victorian times under the name Lady Apple