Posted by Brittany Woolley on 11/8/2023 to Recipes
Twice Baked Apple Oatmeal Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 cups milk
1 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons buckwheat groats
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
salt to taste
1 Honeycrisp.com apple, cored and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (Click Here for Apples!)
1/2 dried cranberries
chopped pecans for topping
plain yogurt for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. Puncture sweet potatoes with a fork several times and place them on the prepared baking sheet
4. Bake for 1 hour or until a knife can easily slice into the center. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Reduce the oven heat to 350 F.
5. Combine the rest of the ingredients, except for the pecans and yogurt, in a medium pot.
6. Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened.
7. Once the sweet potatoes are cool enough to touch, slice them in half and gently scoop out the flesh, keeping the skins intact - keeping their cup shape.
8. Mash the sweet potato flesh until it is in small/medium chunks. Add the sweet potato to the oatmeal and stir to combine. Taste and add more sweetener or salt if necessary.
9. Divide the oatmeal mixture into the 4 potato skins until each has a heaping mound of oatmeal. Return to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and serve topped with yogurt, pecans, and more maple syrup.
Send us a picture of your
Twice Baked Apple Oatmeal Stuffed Sweet Potatoes to
Receive a 20% coupon for your next order from Honeycrisp.com!
Comment below or email [email protected]
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter