Posted by on 9/13/2019 to Apple Varieties
Sweet and light with a hint of spice... It's the Ginger Gold Apple!
Did you know?
- Sweet and mildly tart with a hint of spice
- Fine texture with a crisp cream-colored flesh
- Excellent apple for eating fresh and in salads
- Very slow to turn brown, so it's an excellent choice for slices
- The Ginger Gold apple is believed to be a cross of Golden Delicious, Albermarle Pippin, & another unknown variety
- Discovered as a chance seedling in the orchards of Clyde and Ginger Harvey of Lovingston, Virginia in 1969 after a hurricane
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter