Posted by on 10/4/2019 to Apple Varieties
The Honeycrisp Apple... More than just an apple, it's an eating experience!
Did you know?
- The Honeycrisp apple is a cross of Macoun & Honeygold apples
- First tasted at the University of Minnesota in 1960 and released to the public in 1991
- The Honeycrisp apple has been the official fruit of Minnesota since 1996
- Honeycrisp apples are honey sweet with a touch of tart, amazingly crisp, and exceptionally juicy!
- Our Honeycrisp apples are grown in upstate NY. "Grown a little colder, a whole lot better than the rest!"
- Honeycrisp apples are the perfect fresh eating apple, but are also wonderful for sauces and baking
A reporter in Minnesota describing Honeycrisp said,
"The balance between sweet and tart utterly seduces your taste buds."
Here is some of the wonderful feedback that we've received this season about our farm fresh NY Honeycrisp apples:
"I always enjoy a Honeycrisp... There is not another apple that even comes close."
Barbara - Elizabeth, West Virginia
"Love, love, love Honeycrisp. They are crisp, juicy and sweet. Perfection!"
Bonnie - Elkton, Maryland
" Is there any better Apple than Honeycrisp? I think not!"
Katie - Portland, Oregon
"Honeycrisp are by far the best apples I have ever eaten. They turned my grandson into an apple lover."
Cheryl - Lakeport, California
Sign up for the Honeycrisp.com Family Newsletter